A Troubling in my soul : womanist perspectives on evil and suffering, edited by Emilie M. TownesThe Resource A Troubling in my soul : womanist perspectives on evil and suffering, edited by Emilie M. Townes
- A Troubling in my soul : womanist perspectives on evil and suffering, edited by Emilie M. Townes
- Title remainder
- womanist perspectives on evil and suffering
- Statement of responsibility
- edited by Emilie M. Townes
- Bibliography note
- Includes bibliographical references and index
- Biblical theodicy and Black women's spiritual autobiography / Clarice J. Martin -- "Take my yoke upon you" / Frances E. Wood -- Joy came in the morning risking death for resurrection / Jamie T. Phelps -- "A clarion call to awake! arise! act!" / Marcia Y. Riggs -- Living in the new Jerusalem / Emilie M. Townes -- Using power from the periphery / Rosita deAnn Mathews --
- "Wading through many sorrows" / M. Shawn Copeland -- A womanist perspective on sin / Delores S. Williams -- African-American spirituals / Cheryl A. Kirk-Duggan / "Soprano Obligato" / Karen Baker-Fletcher -- Women's power-women's passion / Patricia L. Hunter -- The sin of servanthood / Jacquelyn Grant -- "The wounds of Jesus" / Katie Geneva Cannon -- The "loves" and "troubles" of African-American women's bodies / Cheryl Townsend Gilkes
- Control code
- 24 cm.
- xii, 257 p.
ContextContext of A Troubling in my soul : womanist perspectives on evil and suffering, edited by Emilie M. Townes
Embeddable Data (Experimental)
Copy and paste the following HTML fragment to include the corresponding data into your application
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the above code fragment to best match your specific application requirements.
Processing Feedback ...
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Hope College Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.