"In a single garment of destiny" : a global vision of justiceThe Resource "In a single garment of destiny" : a global vision of justice
- "In a single garment of destiny" : a global vision of justice
- Title remainder
- a global vision of justice
- Statement of responsibility
- Martin Luther King, Jr. / edited and introduced by Lewis V. Baldwin ; foreword by Charlayne Hunter-Gault
- An unprecedented and timely collection that captures the global vision of Dr. King--in his own words. Too many people continue to think of Dr. King only as "a southern civil rights leader" or "an American Gandhi," thus ignoring his impact on poor and oppressed people around the world. ""In a Single Garment of Destiny"" is the first book to treat King's positions on global liberation struggles through the prism of his own words and activities. From the pages of this extraordinary collection, King emerges not only as an advocate for global human rights but also as a towering figure who collaborated with Eleanor Roosevelt, Albert J. Luthuli, Thich Nhat Hanh, and other national and international figures in addressing a multitude of issues we still struggle with today--from racism, poverty, and war to religious bigotry and intolerance. Introduced and edited by distinguished King scholar Lewis Baldwin, this volume breaks new ground in our understanding of King
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- A5 2012
- A5 2012
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
ContextContext of "In a single garment of destiny" : a global vision of justice
Embeddable Data (Experimental)
Copy and paste the following HTML fragment to include the corresponding data into your application
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the above code fragment to best match your specific application requirements.
Processing Feedback ...
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Hope College Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.